Yesterday, the Vermont Supreme Court amended Administrative Order 49, the order declaring a Judicial Emergency. I urge you to read the amended order and Explanatory Note:
In short, and not as a substitute for reading the order yourself, the April 6 amendments:
- postpone jury draws & jury trials scheduled to take place before May 15;
- suspend the requirement to file paper copies of appellate briefs and printed cases;
- permit the Supreme Court to hold oral argument by telephone, video, or other electronic means;
- make important changes to the requirements related to (a) notarization of court filings; and (b) the administration of oaths at both depositions and court hearings;
- postpone the July administration of the Vermont Bar Exam.
Competence includes reading the April 6 amendments and Explanatory Note.
The Court’s initial order and amendments:
- Administrative Order 49 (the initial order declaring a Judicial Emergency)
- March 18 amendments
- March 20 amendments
- March 24 amendments
- March 25 amendments & Explanatory Note