On this Wednesday of all Wellness Wednesdays, I hope you’re taking care of yourselves and others.
I’m posting to pass along a few resources.
The first is from the ABA Journal: Lawyers Are Supposed to Plan For The Worst, So How Can You Ease COVID-19 Anxiety? It’s got some great tips.
Next, Josh Simonds runs Vermont’s Lawyer Assistance Program. Josh tipped me off to the list of COVID-19 Mental Health Resources recently published by the American Bar Association’s Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs. It’s broken down by topic area, including resources for those looking for help with:
- Office Management/Leadership
- Social Distancing
- Staying Mentally Healthy
- Substance Abuse Resources
Thank you Josh!
In addition, don’t forget about the Lawyer Depression Project. As I blogged last week, it’s a terrific resource for any lawyer who wants to provide or receive support from others in the legal profession. Per the website, the folks at LDP
- “are a group of legal professionals (attorneys, paralegals, law students, and admin) who have suffered from depression, anxiety, bipolar, OCD, eating disorders, trauma, sexual abuse, addiction and other mental health conditions, or who just don’t feel quite right.”
It’s okay not to feel quite right. It’s okay to ask for support and assistance.
Finally, I just got off the phone with Beth Novotny. Beth is a friend, lawyer, and current president of the Vermont Bar Association. She had a great idea: we should do something for lawyers and other legal professionals who are isolated and simply want to check in with another human being. I agree and we’re trying to figure out how to set something up. In the meantime, if you want to call or email, I’m here.
- Wellness Wednesday: The Lawyers Depression Project
- Wellness & The New CLE Rules
- Wellness Wednesday: Pro Bono Award Recipients
- The proposed Bar Assistance Program
- Why I support the proposed Bar Assistance Program
- Wellness Wednesday: Meet Parker Riehle
- Mentoring: It’s a chance to be the change we hope to see in the profession
- Wellness Wednesday: Legal Acts of Kindness
- Wellness Wednesday: No Objection to “no, thank you”
- Wellness Wednesday: Unplug
- Wellness Wednesday: Judge McCaffrey Redux
- Wellness Wednesday: Baseball & Civility
- Wellness Wednesday: Meet Alison, Shireen, Samantha, and Alison
- Wellness Wednesday: Understand the Risks, Know the Responses
- Wellness Wednesday: Meet Molly Gray
- Meet Jeff Messina
- Meet Andrew Manitsky
- Wellness Wednesday: Meet Heather Moreau
- Scott Mapes, The World Cup, and Soccer
- Elizabeth Kruska, Wesley Lawrence, and horse racing
- Lawyers & judges who run marathons
- Meet Jennifer O’Connor