Here’s the most recent column: 6 Questions To Ask Before Selecting A Practice Management Platform.
A summary of the 6 questions:
- Do you want a cloud platform or a platform installed on site?
- How much do you want to pay?
- Does the system comply with security requirements and obligations under the Rules of Professional Conduct?
- Does it have the basic features that you need?
- Does it have the advanced features that you need?
- Does it feel right when you try it?
Again, read the article.
For part 2 of question 3, my view is that a lawyer’s obligation under the Rules of Professional Conduct is to take reasonable precautions to protect client data, whether the data is in transmission or at rest. What are reasonable precautions? I addressed that question HERE.
Still drinking coffee this morning? You’ve got time to try this week’s legal ethics quiz before you hit the trails or slopes.