Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a relaxing holiday. This week’s version of Five for Friday comes to you live & on location from Flat Rock, North Carolina. This is where my dad resettled upon leaving Vermont and it’s also the home of Hubba Hubba Smokehouse, the official BBQ joint of Five For Friday. If you’re ever in Western Carolina, make sure to check it out.
- no rules. this quiz is open book, open search engine.
- email answers to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
- answers will be posted on the blog on Monday morning
- team entries welcome
By rule “a lawyer shall not prepare on behalf of a client an instrument giving the lawyer or a person related to the lawyer any substantial gift unless ________
- A. The lawyer is related to the client
- B. The client gives informed consent
- C. The client gives informed consent, confirmed in writing
- D. The client is advised of the benefit of seeking independent legal advice and given a reasonable opportunity to do so
Attorney called me with an inquiry. She expressed concern that the area of law in which she focuses is fraught with conflicts and that she often struggles to identify her client. I shared some thoughts & referred her to material that discussed “The Tripartite Relationship.”
Identify the type of law upon which Attorney focuses?
The Vermont Rules of Professional Conduct specifically require:
- A. Three way reconciliation
- B. An attorney’s signature
- C. Collected funds prior to disbursement
- D. All of the above
Which is different than the others?
- A. A conflict of interest involving a former client
- B. A conflict of interest involving concurrent clients
- C. A conflict based on a personal interest of the lawyer
- D. Trick question. Each is treated the same as the others.
Identify the document in which two groups of people who had originally intended to live in Virginia agreed to:
- “convenant and combine ourselves together into a civil body politic, for our better ordering and preservation and furtherance of the ends aforesaid; and by virtue hereof do enact constitute and frame such just and equal laws, ordinances, acts and constitutions . . .”